Don’t know what to do with the overripe bananas that have been sitting in your kitchen without any attention for a week? I have a very quick and simple solution for you in this post.
Today I want to share the full recipe that I posted on IGTV the other day and got many responses and requests to share the deets.
You will love this if you at least somewhat like bananas, but even if you don’t, no worries, you may substitute some flavors for the ones you love. Chocolate, for example.
Items you will need
- mixing bowls
- electric mixer
- spoon or fork
- measuring spoons and cups
- baking muffin pan
- cooling rack
- nut crusher or anything else you may think of instead of it
- cutting board
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook time: 20-25 min
Cool: 5-10 min
Total time: 35-45 min
Servings: 10 muffins
- 1/2 cup sugar (100 grams)
- 2 overripe bananas (divided)
- 6 tbsp butter (melted if possible or room temperature)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour (148 grams)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat up the oven to 350F (177C)
- Spray or lightly butter the baking muffin tray
- In the large bowl, whip the sugar and one of the bananas together until well blended
- Add butter ( cool melted suggested), the egg, and the vanilla extract and beat well
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt
- Peel and mash the the remaining banana with a fork or spoon in a separate plate. Add into the batter
- Scoop the batter into the muffin baking tray and only fill 2/3 of the way
- Bake 20-25 mins and until a toothpick stuck in the muffins came out clean and dry
This is really it ! How super fast and so simple!
To tell you the truth, I am that type of cook who wouldn’t cook if a recipe would take more than 30 min and was too complicated. That’s kind of my kitchen rule, haha.
The muffins came out fluffy and light, and so bananas!
Try the recipe and be sure to let me know how it turned out.
From Eve with Love
I hope you enjoyed this post and found it interesting and helpful. Share it with someone who you think may also like it. I hope you stay around for awhile and explore the blog. Make sure to subscribe before you leave.
Other places to find me