I know you have been sitting at home for awhile now and it seems like it’s been forever since you were able to walk normally and do your normal routine things. If you were an active person before your injury , I bet after several weeks in recovery, barely moving and in misery of knee brace and walking on crutches you cannot wait to get back to your normal healthy active life.
Do not get discouraged. I’m going to share with you an easy and pretty basic routine of exercises that you should be able to do at your home without a need of any gym equipment.
After being with a knee brace and on crutches myself for 5 weeks after my meniscus surgery and spending most of my time resting at home, I realized that it was about time I implemented some basic exercises.
Please if you like to try something like that use your discretion and listen to you body and be very careful with any movements . If you are in your brace, it is preferred you keep it on for the exercises. You may also talk to your Physical therapist and ask for advice on this matter as well. I am not a doctor or a PT, I had a surgery and am sharing my personal experience with you.
I started with these exercises first:
- Crunches – 3 sets 15 reps
- Crunch twist – 3 sets 15 reps each side
- Russian twist – 3 sets 15 reps . You may use a dumbbell here if you like.
- Sit-ups – 3 sets 15 reps
- Arnold press – this is a shoulder exercises. If you do not have dumbbells you may use filled water bottles.
- Weighted bicep curls – you may use dumbbells or resistant band . Stay seated for this. 3 sets 15 reps
- Weighted tricep extension. There are 2 options here, do both if you like or alternate. Regardless of which one you do make sure you are seated. – 3 sets 15reps or
- Flutter kicks- 3 sets 15 reps
- Toe touches. You do not actually have to touch your toes but try to get as close to their direction as possible.
I hope this was interesting and helpful to you. I wish your recovery goes quick, worry free and painless. Leave your comments and workout tips below if you like to share your experiences.
From Eve with Love
If you like reading this post, you may also like :