I want to be quick and honest with you here. I am not a morning person. As a matter of fact, I am the worst morning person I have ever known in my life. One thing that makes me very excited, well no, there are actually two things: one of them is morning coffee and second is my skin care routine. This post is definitely not about coffee but about the skin.
I want to share my rut with you, what I religiously do every morning no matter what.
- I start by washing my face with a GENTLE face wash cleanser. Pick one that is not drying, without harsh ingredients but creamy and, of course, that would feel good on your skin and fits your skin type. My skin is normal for most of the time. Few of my favorites are La Roche- Posay hydrating wash, Pacifica Coconut Milk Cream wash.
- I always pat my face dry with a clean towel. Then I continue with my all times favorite gentle toner or micellar water. I use the round cotton disk to apply the product to my skin with gentle movements.
- Next step – Vitamin C serum which is antioxidant and helps to protect my skin from pollution and free radicals. My favorite so far has been Derma E serum. I have been using it for quite some time and had no need to try any other ones because this one worked for me from the day I first tried it. I squeeze a few drops of serum on my palms and then tap all over my face gently. Then give it a minute or so to completely absorb.
- Meanwhile, you can use the jade roller to massage your face with and help the serum to absorb. This may help with puffiness if you tend to suffer from it like I do.
- When the serum is set, I continue with Hyaluronic eye cream applying it right around the eye on the orbital bone. The application should be very gentle as well in a circular motion starting from the inner corner of your eyes and going under and around to the eyelids and finishing up in the inner corner of the eyes again. Continue this motion until the cream is absorbed. This also helps with puffiness. Find my recent favorite here.
- The final step is to seal everything in for the day by applying the day cream and SPF. I always try to look for day products that have SPF in them. You should have at least SPF 30 during the day. But for me the more the better. I always hide my face from the sun. My recent favorite lotion is Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb.
On the days when I wake up with more puffiness under my eyes, I use eye patches that I place after all my skin care is applied and while I have my breakfast for about 10 -15 minutes. They work very well for me.
Hope this was interesting and helpful! Give some of these products that I use a try and leave your feedback, comments and your beauty morning tips below.
From Eve with Love
Hello my beauty lovers! I blinked once, blinked twice and here we are in the middle of spring of 2020. Say what? I have been posting and sharing Monthly Favorites and this time I thought to line up few products that I have tried from the begining of the year and share with you which … More Best Products of 2020// Makeup Edition
Hello my beauty lovers! This month instead of doing monthly favorites like I always do, I have thought to combine all the products that I tested and loved since the beginning of this year. I’ll do the misses in a separate posts (yes, there were few). I hope you like this post and find it … More Best Products of 2020 //Skincare
Hello my beauty lovers! The quarantine is going strong here on my end. I hope you all are doing well and finding some things to keep yourselves occupied for the time being. If you ask me, one of the best ways to release stressed and feel at peace is to dedicate some time to yourself … More Morning Skin Care Routine